A leading publishing house promoted by India’s leading cookbook author.
The client is the leading publisher of cookbooks in India and is a renowned name in the culinary segment. She has a mass following in India and abroad and is known for her expertise in food.
The client wanted to start a new concept of selling ready-to-cook meals delivered as meal boxes with recipe cards and fresh ingredients. The solution was also to be used to sell selected third party products related to cooking.
Innovantes had earlier worked with this client to develop a mobile app for their earlier venture, which was very successful. They approached Innovantes to prepare a technology solution consisting of a website and mobile apps on iOS and Android for their new venture.
The concept was unique and new to India and the users were not aware of it. The UI and UX of the solution was the most challenging aspect as the users had to be introduced to a new concept at the same time making it intuitive enough for them to shop for it.
A Web Portal and Native Mobile Apps- iOS and Android
After hours of discussion with the client, developing multiple prototypes and testing them on different user groups, our team came up with a robust and scalable platform.
The ecommerce site was developed in order to keep the users engaged with a combination of images and videos on the meal preparation process.
The following functionalities were enabled on the platform:
- Great navigation and product detailed pages
- Recommendations on the detailed product page
- Integration of preview videos on the product detail pages
- Best-in-class checkout
- Payment Gateway with multiple payment options
- SEO friendly
- Chat Module
- On-site Search
- Social Media Integration
- Cancellation process design and implementation
- CMS panel with complete flexibility to add or edit products
- Transactional SMS and Email integration
- Over 1000 orders in the first 2 months of launch, which was commendable because of the limited areas of launch
- Over 40% add to bag conversion
- The average order value was Rs 2500