A leading global medical communication player.
Developing a professional community platform for doctors with curated news, current instructional and discussion oriented clinical data content and medical education.
The Client wanted to build a technologically advanced digitized medical education and networking platform for doctors where they could collaborate on various topic related to the medical fraternity. The platform was also to serve as a medium to discuss clinical cases by doctors amongst themselves and seek expert opinion from specialists.
The client approached Innovantes for designing the solution.
With the rapid pace of evolving medical science, it is imperative for doctors to be updated with the latest news, technologies, procedures, drugs and information. The enormous doctor to population shortfall in India means that doctors in India see on average 10 times the number of patients in comparison to their Western counterparts thereby giving them very less time to update their knowledge such as reading text books, attending conferences etc. eMediNexus aimed to bridge this gap and provide doctors with the latest medical content.
After evaluating various options for the project requirements, Innovantes developed the solution in 2 parts- Web portal, hybrid apps on iOS and Android and and advanced Content Management System. The solution was developed using Core PHP and Microsoft Xamarin and was hosted on AWS and divided into multi tier architecture for high performance and scalability.
Innovantes implemented Agile methodology with Continuous Integration and Build Automation, increasing delivery process efficiency. As a result, the go-to-market time was less than 4 months for the complete solution.
The following functionalities were delivered as a part of the solution:
Web Portal and Apps on Android and iOS
- Specialty wise curated news feed. The readers have an option to comment, like, or share the articles.
- Clinical case discussion forum with chat functionality. Doctors could upload multiple case images and have discussions
- Medical quizzes
- Medico-legal advisory
- Automatic notifications- basis the user interests and traction
- Specialty wise news digests
- Content Management
- Upcoming medical conference calendar
- Multiple integrations with third party analytical tools.
- The platform has witnessed exponential growth and has over 40000 registered members.
- The weekly newsletters have a reach of 150000 doctors.